High Peak Borough Council are inviting ‘not for profit’ groups to apply for grants for World War 1 commemorative projects:-
They have made £20,000 of grant funding available to be allocated in small grants (maximum £500 or more by exception) to support local community organisations, Town and Parish Councils to deliver local centenary projects.
What can the grant be used for?
This £20,000 fund is to support local, small scale World War 1 (WW1) Centenary community projects such as those which bring cultural, sporting, recreational, health, environmental, intergenerational, heritage or educational benefits to the local community.
Who can apply for funding?
‘Not for profit’ community benefit organisations such as:
- Community groups and charities
- Incorporated organisations which are registered charities
- Social enterprises
- Town & Parish Councils in the Borough of High Peak
Voluntary and community groups can apply if they have:
- A governing document (constitution) that has as a minimum the name, aim/purpose, objects, a dissolution clause for the organisation, a list of Trustee/committee members and Trustee/committee member signatures. This can be known as a terms of reference. Please contact us if you are unsure (contact details futher down this page).
- A bank or building society account in the organisation’s name
- Up-to-date annual accounts (for groups over 12 months old), or a 12 month cash-flow forecast for new organisations/projects
Where a group is coming together only for the purpose of putting on an event or activity it will need the support of an eligible organisation which is willing to receive the funds on behalf of the group.
Grants cannot be used to fund individuals.
Applicants can only make one application for the financial year (April 2014 – March 2015) to a maximum level of £500, which will enable us to support a number of small projects across the Borough. By exception we will consider applications for larger amounts where the scale of the activity or event and its benefit justifies greater support.
Further details and application form here