At the inaugral meeting of Whaley4Wards, a number of initial project ideas were noted during discussions. The list below just gives a flavour of the sort of initial project ideas which surfaced. It does not reflect what a final list might include, following proper analysis. Some are clearly longer term projects and some have other implications which require much more discussion.
- Improved access for disabled or elderly
- Conversion of public toilets into single larger pay-per-use facility with disabled facilities.
- Town Wide litter pick and general clean-up
- Sign cleaning.
- WB website improvement.
- Parking improvements – new spaces, limited waiting….
- Town Centre free internet access.
- Sponsored plant tubs/hanging baskets.
- Colour study to provide local reference source for shop fronts in conservation area.
- Tourist signage improvements.
- Bridgemont roundabout landscaping
- Canal St/Market St junction improvements
- Pavement improvements
- New Road surface improvement/resurfacing
- Coronation Rowan pruning, replanting.
- Street tree planting.
Suggestions for projects are not just limited to those within the group. If you have ideas for projects please send them in to the secretary at email@example.com and they will be discussed.